Thursday, October 17, 2013

Tally

As I have read further into the novel Uglies, I have been able to identify with a few of the characters. I have met the main character, Tally, and I have begun to realize the similarities between her and myself. When I first meet her, I immediately notice her need for rebellion as she is plotting to sneak away from the boarding home in which she is staying. She is planning to visit her best friend who has recently become "pretty" and has moved to a new place that is strictly for "pretties". I enjoy Tally's personality because I admire her need to rebel from the idea of conformity in her world. I can identify with her, in a way, because I also often find myself wanting to go against the social norms I currently live in. The idea of individuality and the need for moderate rebellion in the novel Uglies has me very interested to see how the rest of the novel will unfold!

No comments:

Post a Comment